When you're a student pilot, finding the right support and guidance for launching your career as a pilot can be challenging. Horizon Air is here to help. Pilots who are enrolled in our pilot development program will receive a $12,500 stipend, have opportunities to develop skills through mentoring from a professional pilot, and be included in special events. After completing the program and meeting all qualifications, you’ll be assigned a class date with Horizon Air and on the fastest path to mainline flying at Alaska Airlines.
Apply > Interview > Sign Contract > Fly
- Contact your school to register your interest and/or apply with Horizon Air if program is currently posted.
- Receive a flight training stipend of $12,500: $5,000 after instrument and $7,500 after commercial
- Build hours as a CFI while updating us on your progress towards the ATP/R-ATP minimum requirements.
- Prepare for takeoff once ATP/R-ATP minimums met
Application and interview
New flight training stipend
Work towards ATP/R-ATP mins
Join Horizon as a First Officer
Pilot Development Requirements
- Active Private Pilot License
- Valid U.S. passport and driver’s license
- Current First Class Medical
- ATP minimum flight hours met
- Active FCC radio permit
- 21+ years old
Before you apply.
Before you sign the contract.
First Officer Requirements
For additional questions, reach out to us at email@example.com.