When you’re a student pilot, finding the right support and guidance for beginning a piloting career can be challenging. Horizon Air is here to help. Private pilots who are enrolled in our pilot development program will receive a $12,500 stipend, have opportunities to develop skills through mentoring from a professional pilot, and be included in special events. After completing the program and meeting all qualifications, you’ll be assigned a class date with Horizon Air.
How it works
- Enroll at a participating school
- Apply for the pilot development program at careers.alaskaair.com/career-opportunities/pilots/horizon-air/
- Interview for the program
- Receive a flight training stipend of $12,500: $5000 after instrument and $7500 after commercial.
- Be a CFI at your school to build hours
- Keep Horizon Air informed of your progress until you meet ATP/R-ATP mins
- Become a Horizon Air pilot
Universities and affiliated Pilot Development Program schools
More schools to come.